Direct Report to: Education Director
Taal-Net Group of Schools
Job Type: Full-time
Taal-Net Group of Schools is a network of affordable private schools implementing international blended learning models for primary, high and FET scholars in Southern Africa. Taal-Net Schools will elevate scholar achievement and provide the tools teachers need to serve their scholars effectively. We are seeking the services of a Principal for some of our campuses in Gauteng
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates should submit their CV to email@example.com along with a covering letter indicating:
- Salary Expectation
- Area where they currently reside
- Three referees
- Professional management of the school and maintain efficient and smooth running o school.
- Give instructions and guidelines for time tabling, admissions, and placement of learners.
- Interview new learner applications.
- Ensure school records are kept and maintained. e.g. staff, learners, attendance/absentees, learner and parent information.
- Inspections to ensure the school premises and equipment are properly used and good discipline is maintained.
- Attend to Departmental circulars and requests.
- Guide, supervise and offer advice to staff.
- Recruit, interview, appoint, train and develop staff and present staff training programmes.
- Conduct and review educator appraisals
- Ensure leaner assessment are conducted properly and efficiently and parents consults being done.
- Ensure policies are up to date and implemented.
- Ensure the school meets Umalusi requirements.
- Reporting on teaching, support and professional activities.
- Liaise with relevant structures regarding the school curricula and curriculum development.
- Meetings with parents regarding learner progress and conduct.
- Promote extra and co-curricular activities at school.
- Ensure and oversee validity of Matric and Cambridge examinations.
- Managing staff issues (H.R and discipline).
- Require entrepreneurial skills and energy.
- School management knowledge.
- Computer skills- MS Office Suite, PowerPoint, Ms Access, Pasted, Excel.
- Guidance and Counselling ability
- Experience at Senior Teaching, Head of Department or Management Level.
- English Language fluency.
- Grade 12 Certificate (Matric equivalent).
- Completed B.Ed or PGCE degree (SP & FET)
- Honours or Masters qualification is an added advantage
- SAGE registered
- Police clearance certificate
- Clear credit record - valid ITC check
- At least 3-4 years of excellent classroom instruction including Grade 12 teaching experience.
- At least two years in high school leadership.
- Experience and practice with labour laws.
- Experience and practice with Umalusi accreditation and National Senoir Certificate examination admisistration.
- Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
NB. Taal-Net Group of Schools does not acknowledge receipt of CVs. Only shortlisted candidates are contacted. Taal-Net Institute reserves the right not to make an appointment